if only it was bigger..

Monday 22 November 2010

genius

There aren’t enough words for how much I would love to sit front row at a fashion show, preferably not one show casing New look & Dorothy Perkins for the local guides in a hall that’s also used for five-a-sides and gymnastics.

Chanel however, is a different story. Paris Fashion week in 2008 saw Karl Lagerfeld mount a carousel filled with over sized Chanel classics from quilted bags to pearls. I’m almost sure that at that point all I knew of Chanel was that Lauren Conrad was always wearing nice expensive bags by Chanel on that new program & she was pretty cool working for teen vogue so surely Chanel is just cool in general? Then my oldest brother let me in on the secret that vogue was a good magazine to read if I really liked fashion. And so the fascination began. The magic of incorporating an up and down runway with a carousel... Who ever came up with that had a pretty decent imagination. Spring Summer 10 pulled an equally exciting show described by vogue: “Chanel’s version of a roll in the hay was a pretty stylish affair.” A catwalk turned barn saw Lily Allen rise from under the ground to sing in the middle of it all. If Prince is impressed, I’m sure I can be too.




love jane.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Those are some great photos. I wish I was there :(

    Check out Runway Rundown!!
    www.runwayrundown.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Chanel, gorgeous goodies!

    Maryjane xoxo

    ReplyDelete