if only it was bigger..

Sunday 21 November 2010

back to the 90's


Before I begin I would just like to stress that my Sundays aren't always spent entirely glued to my couch with poor tv & cheesy films although I am partial to a Sunday splodge. 
During my Julia Roberts movie marathon, runaway bride got me thinking. Not just about how I find Richard Gere really quite creepy but more about the revival of the 90's. Don't let the fact I was only 5 in 1999 suggest I have no recollection of what I was wearing.. I was a big fan of getting my mum to put my hair in "twists" and regularly longed to wear strappy, sparkly, kitten heels that could make a clip-clop noise. Not forgetting sporty spice and her green shell suit.
Although other trends such as combat boots, flannel shirts & dark lips have so far made a successful comeback in the noughties. Kicking about a lot at the moment is velvet: leggings, dresses and Tesco even went as far as velvet underwear. As well as velvet, leather is back. Maybe this time Posh will work the trend a little better & Becks won't step out matching her like they did in 1999.

Here's hoping Monday won't come too quick
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment