if only it was bigger..

Monday 31 January 2011

when i grow up..

When you’re brought up between LA and Paris by your British mother who modelled for Chanel and your American journalist father you’re surely destined to be something slightly cooler than the everyday woman. And Natalie Massenet achieved more than cool, a former fashion journalist to the founder of Net-a-porter. Not everybody can say they were the brains and creativity behind the launch of one of the first ever websites to boast 300 designers to 170 countries with a £120 million annual turnover. Before the success of bringing luxurious designers online, Natalie Massenet worked for Women’s Wear Daily and Tatler as well as styling Milla Jovovich and Kim Basinger along the way.



Ignoring the fact I have always lived in Scotland and that my parents aren’t American journalists or Chanel models I still would like to believe that one day I will have written for a condé nast publication and sold my £50million stake of my online fashion business whilst juggling two children and hedge fund husband in my Notting Hill pad.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment, I lvoe your blog and I follow you. I find your psots, and this one too, really interesting ;)

    http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!
    xoxo


    townofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww well if you persue your wish im sure it will come true one day!
    and i do sometimes feel as though its down right unfair that people who have such priviledged parents are automatically destined for a good career too. but oh well theres still hope for the rest of us!

    TheTrendPalette

    ReplyDelete
  4. dream big! you never know what can happen.

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete